WordPress Hosting for Enterprise Availability and Performance. The application will be distributed as clusters across several regions within one cloud to ensure automatic fault-tolerance and low latency read operations for the users based on their location.
Multi-Region Cluster Topology
It has a replication scheme segmented as 3 nodes in Region 1, 2 nodes in Region 2 and 2 nodes in Region 3.
Shared Storage Auto-Cluster
A shared storage auto-cluster is used to keep static assets in each Region. This is a redundant clustered storage array, also known as a distributed file system or, as the GlusterFS documentation mentions, a trusted storage pool.
Multi-Region WordPress Cluster Installation
- Configure application servers and their scaling
- Set up load balancing for traffic distribution
- Clusterize databases, tune replication and connection
- Configure scalable network filesystem storage and cache server
- Deploy and configure WordPress application
- Add SSL certificate
- Enable add-ons for domain binding, CDN, file synchronization, etc.
- Control and perform updates of the servers
- Cluster overload prevention
- Custom domain binding
- Enable WordPress multisite network mode
Let’s take a walk via the installation steps.
In case the average result is less than or equal to 20ms we recommend using Galera Cluster as database topology and if the latency is more than 20ms use Primary/Replica distribution.